the affordable art service

Comunicake Fractions
Comunicake Fractions

Fees Policy

Joining and listing items for sale on Comuniart is free. Comuniart only charges a percentage of the sale price when the item sells.

At Comuniart we collect payments from sales and then keep 25% of the final sale value before paying sellers (Artists) the remaining 75% of the total. Comuniart keeps accepted payment information on file. When an item is sold, payments to sellers become ‘pending’ for a 14 day cooling period wherein customers can make returns. Once this cooling period has elapsed, payments to sellers will be made in the next payment cycle. Payment cycles resume at the beginning of each month. At the beginning of each month, sellers are paid their due amounts.

Comuniart charges 25% commission of the final sale price of each item. 

Changes to the Fees Policy and the fees for Comuniart's services are effective after Comuniart provides you with at least fourteen (14) days' notice by posting the changes on the Site.

Why 25%? Much of that money goes towards marketing costs promoting the website and your work – both online and on the ground – organizing events and exhibitions to put your work out there into your own communities to raise your profile. We also have to pay online transaction fees. We are committed to supporting our artists as much as possible and will pass any future savings on to them. As the site grows this should be quite possible. We are working to increase your cut!